AAD529 Week 10

This week we had to focus on rhetoric’s and there meanings. I started off this week researching the various meanings and examples of each one. After doing this research I saved some images and created a Pinterest board with the examples I found.

This is an example I found of visceral design. The squares on the chocolate make it look appealing and tasty.
To me this says behavioral design. All the accessories work together creating a convenience for the consumer. The colour scheme is classy and simple.
Reflective design is used in this ad with the “love it” and “live it” text creating a personal touch. Most people know who Messi is, so the football fans will associate this brand with their favourite player.
This product persuades using facts. “48 hour protection” is the selling point. Comes down to the value for money way of thinking.
Pathos is widely used in smoking adverts to make the audience understand the risks of smoking and potentially ending up as the person in the picture.
This is an example of Ethos. Again most people would of heard of Beckham therefore associating him with the product is the selling point here, making people want to be like him.
Antithesis can be powerful in advertising as it grabs the attention.
Metaphoric advertisements tend to be more casual and fun. Commonly associated with food products and most will understand the connection.
This is clever use of personification turning a healthy product into a healthy body.
Red Bull is the classic Hyperbole example. The “gives you wings” slogan is intended to make you feel powerful and do things that would otherwise be difficult.
Metonymy is used here as an explosion of heat is associated with a grenade.
Irony in art draws the attention and can be very relatable to alot of people. A good example of Ironic art is Banksy, a famous artist known for his daring graffiti pieces.
00