I requested a miss for the first class due to another imminent assignment due that same day. The second session I ensured I made it to.
For the session I spent it creating my plan of action for how I aim to complete each of the assessments. As part of it I set goals/deadlines in which to aim to have certain tasks completed by.
As mentioned last week for the planner I used free Gantt charts supplied by ‘TeamGantt’. Below is the plan I have drawn up and aim to keep to. This is providing that the times don’t get affected by other class assessments. I will be endeavouring to update the Gantt chart once a week on Sundays which is when I have scheduled to ensure the weeks blogs are brought up to date. I will endeavour to post my updated Gantt chart for each weeks blog post.
Assessment Model Selection and Copyright Checking
I have mentioned in a previous post the model I am going to use for the assessment is one made publicly available by the Blender foundation called ‘Sintel’.
I have checked the copywrite on this to ensure I am keeping within the law by taking the model and using it for my rigging purposes. The copyright on this is ‘CC-BY’ which means I am free to share the material and also remix, transform and build upon the material as long as I give appropriate credit to the author.
So for the purpose of this assessment I am using the Sintel model from https://www.blendswap.com/blend/7857 .
This model has been made freely available and all credit for the original goes to ‘© copyright Blender Foundation | durian.blender.org‘.
Over the weekend some time was spent creating a bone skeleton for the model. What I found quite exciting was being able to do this from memory after having followed a tutorial on this a few weeks back.
Starting from the pelvis since this is what I want the character to orient around, I extended new bones up the spine and into the head then along the arms and legs. Following creating the bones I used the front, side and top port views to ensure each bone is place exactly where I want it.
Quite some time went into getting the finger bones set right.
One trick I found quite handy was looking down the fingers from their tips to get the bones centered properly.