About Me

Photo by Brooke

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumblebee, the small child and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential and fight for your dreams.” – Ashley Smith

My name is Brooke, I’m a current student at NMIT, studying a Diploma in Arts and Design.
I find my inspiration from the world around me, whether it be the latest books/movies I’ve read, or the landscape around me, or drawing inspiration from other pieces of art.

I ran an Etsy store for 2 years in Australia, selling digital prints, bookmarks and candles, before coming back to New Zealand to study arts and design.
Lens Based Media, and Graphic Design specifically were what drew me into this course, but I look forward to exploring the different avenue’s of Arts and Design.

I love being hands on with my art, getting dirty, but I also love sitting in front of a computer and experimenting with Photoshop. I’ve always been a creative person, my parents nurtured that side of me from a young age, and I cannot be appreciative enough, it’s made me who I am today.

I have hopes after this course to move back to Australia and ideally, go into a career path in Graphic Design with a little bit of freelance photography in my spare time.
×