Comms,  Photography

How to Take Unique Photographs People Won’t Stop Looking at

Have you ever seen those unique images where something doesn’t make sense, or they’re beautiful, but you’re not sure what they are? Maybe you’ve seen pictures of skyscrapers but from a unique angle? These and so many other unique photography ideas are called abstract photography.
Yesterday during photography class, we were taking abstract photographs. These can be patterns, textures, angles, cropping, form, and so many more.

John Rose, untitled, 2018, 3992 x 5967

To start, I decided to take angled pictures of skyscrapers. We’ve all seen these images, and they’re always beautiful.

Next, I wanted to do something more unique. I decided to take pictures of different and striking patterns.

Elle, 2020

I found a design I liked, but I wanted to create something unique. I put my image into photoshop and added the extrude filter. I am very pleased with how it turned out.

Elle, 2020

Abstract photography can be so many different things, and there are no limitations.

Bibliography

Rose, John. Untitled, Unsplash.com. 2018. Accessed March 18, 2020. https://unsplash.com/photos/trYl7JYATH0.

00