Sketch up of Plans
For the fluid sim my original plan was to also add a hydroslide like loop to the end. As you will see from the following videos the liquid looks eratic, As I only realised when I finished the renders that I had my measurements set to centermetres which is why it looks like a dribble of water, I originally thought it was from me tinkering around with the velocity and weight of the liquid, I was doing that to make sure all of the liquid made it into the main pool . For both my water and fire sim I have chosen to use PhoenixFD as it has a larger range of controls and it produces a more relistic result compaired to Bifrost.
I originaly started out with the basic water sim But I couldnt find the way to add a texture so I settled on the milk sim that already had a texture added to it, which then I adjusted it to my own liking.
I chose to add a mesh light to show of some of the raytracing on the liquid, and on the second video I added another mesh light to add some more defused lighting.
Also noticable with the secound video is the low mesh quality at this measurement, but it could also have to do with the opacity of the fluids texture.
For this part I originaly wanted to make a building collapse sim, but after many different atempts at home shattering a object would just crash Maya. this is what I made in class.
First I started out with a basic model which I then applied the solid shattering effects in the FX menu In which you could set up how the shards would look.
Overall I spent most of my time Trying to optimise the Vray rendering times. This was mostly down to the fire sim with it emitting its own light source. Also having to render both the flames and the smoke.