Animation second attempt: May 19 – July 20-23

Toafaloaf. (2018, July 22). Rock01 3D model. Highend3D: High Quality 3D Models, Scripts, Plugins and More! :. Retrieved May 19, 2020, from https://www.highend3d.com/3d-model/rock01-3d-model Screenshot by author

Thinking about my creature crawling poses I had created the day before it occurred to me that I could place a ready made rock in the scene for the rig to crawl up. I found one online and placed it in the scene on another layer. Not sure what my thinking was with the extra layer, other than that I had it in mind to try the animation layers idea. Not that I can animate a rock?

Arnold, S.J ( 2020, May 19) Creating first pose with rock on another layer. Screenshot by author

For the final animation I realised I was never going to achieve what I had hoped to create, too complicated and too time consuming. I decide to go with the character climbing up onto the rock. I used the video I had taken previously of my daughter performing the move to create the key poses.

Arnold, S.J ( 2020, May 20) Creating second keyframe. Screenshot by author
Arnold, S.J ( 2020, May 20) Creating pose with rock on another layer. Screenshot by author
Arnold, S.J ( 2020, July 23) Creating first rock climbing pose . Screenshot by author

00