Hand-In and final Boblin Renders / Reflection

All files can be found in R:\Students\SarahW\hand_in_26_06_2020


I posed Boblin using a Falmer image as a reference since the creature was a inspiration for my character

The Elder Scrolls Wiki. (n.d.). Falmer (Skyrim). Elder Scrolls. https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Falmer_(Skyrim)

for the cape and loin I simply sculpted the mesh to be in a static position for this situation, I imagined this would be the pose Boblin would make after jumping off of a rock or log while scavenging for scraps in the mountains.

Overall I think the model turned out okay, there are still some unwanted deformations and the model moves in strange ways.
If I were to start again now with I would pay more attention to the topology of my character to ensure proper deformations.

I also think that I need to come up with a structured plan from the start for creating characters / scenes and jot down cleanly what steps I should do in what order and stick to a structured timeframe.
My time management wasn’t bad and I spent a lot of time at home working on the character but most of my planning was just quick notes in my workbook so I think a structured plan would have sped up my process more, overall I have learned a lot and think I even when I was frustrated with a problem I found I was getting faster at doing the same task when I would try again the next time.

I did like the details I put on the skin texture like the slight yellowing around the eyes and the crack on his chest.

Peer feedback was very useful, Jono in particular made a suggestion on the character to turn down the subsurface scattering as it was making the model look smaller than anticipated which I agree with and I think it makes the model look better. The peer feedback with Jaxon was also helpful.
I also enjoyed helping classmates when I could with problems they were having in various areas.


The environment was fun to make and it made me realize the importance of texturing and having a style in mind.

If I were to start the project again from scratch I would take into account and plan what style I wanted my model to be whether it be cartoony or realistic and create assets that matched, but because I didn’t consider this at the start all I could do was try make it look as good as possible to match the model.

I liked the water I made by using a bifrost water simulation to get the shape and the way the leaves look with the light shining through.

https://youtu.be/bWDSn6I_JyE (Youtube Turntable) file is also in folder on R drive



  1. This looks great Sarah, I love how you have done the environment too. Really cool seeing the reflection of Boblin’s feet and legs in the water. Watching the turntable rotate I was wondering what your little character was thinking as he stares at the water, you have created a pensive mood and a great atmosphere just by how you have posed the character. Awesome job.

Comments are closed.


This blog is part of the NMIT Blog Network. The articles and comments in this blog are the opinion of the authors and not necessarily those of NMIT.